Sell To Us By Mail
How It Works
Q. How do I ship you my items?
A: Fill out the contact form below and we will get in touch with you within 24-48 hours. We will then email you a link to a Canada Post website that will allow you to print free postage for your items. Please note, you will need to print a separate label for each box being mailed to us.
Q. How long will it take to go through my items?
A. It all depends on the amount of purchase drop-offs we receive. They will be completed in order of drop off. Our goal is to have them completed as quickly as possible within 3-5 business days.
Q. Is there a minimum or maximum amount of items I can sell?
A. To complete an order, you need to sell a minimum of 20 items. The total value of your items sold needs to be at least $20. There is no maximum amount of items that can be mailed to us, however, very large collections may necessitate alternate means of transportation (such as drop off at a store or local pickup, if possible).
Q. What types of items do you accept?
A. We currently purchase CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, LPs and video games, including consoles. Please be aware that we do not purchase 7" singles, VHS, Cassettes, damaged or incomplete items, and pirate or homemade copies of discs. We also do not purchase Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Disney Infinity, Skylanders accessories, as well as the Wii Fit Balance Board.
Q. How do I collect any items you have decided not to purchase?
A. Any items that we are unable to purchase can be:
- Recycled/disposed of at the customer's request
- Mailed back at the customer's expense.
Q. How do I receive payment?
A. We are offering payment in the form of an e-transfer, cheque mailed directly to you, or Beat Goes On gift card.
Q. How long will it take to receive payment?
A. E-transfers will be deposited within 24-48 hours. Cheques and gift cards will be mailed via Canada Post.
Some things to consider when mailing us your CDs, DVDs & Video Games*:
- Items must have all packaging and appropriate cases.
- Items that are not in excellent condition may be purchased for less, and repaired at our cost.
- BGO staff will determine which items can be repaired based on condition and demand for that title.
- BGO staff may not purchase an item due to overstock of that particular title, regardless of condition.
- If an item is still sealed, we will treat it the same way we would a used item in perfect condition. This is because all sealed items are opened prior to being stocked, in order to remove the disc.
- Unfortunately, we cannot determine whether items will be purchased until we can review them. We cannot give price quotes or estimations over the phone or by email.
*The Beat Goes On™ buys all game systems, handhelds and games, including, but not limited to Nintendo, PlayStation, Sega, and Atari. All DS and Switch games must include their cases, as well as games for any disc-based systems. Older game cartridges can be bought without their boxes or instructions. Game systems must include at least one controller, power adapter, and AV cables. We do not buy software accessories, UMD movies or PC games.